What you will bring:
- Not your first rodeo – Have 6+ years of experience developing data driven application using mix of languages (Java, Scala, Python, SQL etc.) and open source frameworks to implement data ingest, processing, and analytics technologies.
- Data and API ninja –You are also very handy with big data framework such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, No-SQL systems such as Cassandra or DynamoDB, Streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka; Understand reactive programming and dependency injection such as Spring to develop REST services.
- Have a technology toolbox – Hands on experience with newer technologies relevant to the data space such as Spark, Airflow, Apache Druid, Snowflake (or any other OLAP databases).
- Cloud First – Plenty of experience with developing and deploying in a cloud native environment preferably AWS cloud.
- Embrace ML – Work with data scientists to operationalize machine learning models and build apps to make use of power of machine learning.
- Problem solver – Enjoy new and meaningful technology or business challenges which require you to think and respond quickly.
- Passion and creativity – Are passionate about data, technology, & creative innovation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build cool things – Build scalable analytics solution, including data processing, storage, and serving large-scale data through batch and stream, analytics for both behavioral & ad revenue through digital & non-digital channels.
- Harness curiosity – Change the way how we think, act, and utilize our data by performing exploratory and quantitative analytics, data mining, and discovery.
- Innovate and inspire – Think of new ways to help make our data platform more scalable, resilient and reliable and then work across our team to put your ideas into action.
- Think at scale – Lead the transformation of a peta-byte scale batch-based processing platform to a near real-time streaming platform using technologies such as Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Spark and other open source frameworks.
- Have pride – Ensure performance isn’t our weakness by implementing and refining robust data processing using Python, Java, Scala and other database technologies such as Snowflake.
- Grow with us – Help us stay ahead of the curve by working closely with data architects, stream processing specialists, API developers, our DevOps team, and analysts to design systems which can scale elastically in ways which make other groups jealous.
- Lead and coach – Mentor other software engineers by developing re-usable frameworks. Review design and code produced by other engineers.
- Machine Learning – Provide expert level advice to data scientists, data engineers, and operations to deliver high quality analytics via machine learning and deep learning via data pipelines and APIs.
- Build and Support – Embrace the DevOps mentality to build, deploy and support applications in cloud with minimal help from other teams.